Tuesday 18 June 2013

Ipsy Canada June 2013 - Review and Swatches!

Another month, another great Ipsy bag! This bag's theme was "On the Wild Side".


First of all, I have to say that this is my favorite color/print bag yet! Neon and animal print in one bag!

Here's what was inside:


- Cailyn Linefix Gel Eyeliner in "Purple" - $21 retail
- NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in "12 Dare" - $7 retail
- J. Cat Sparkling Cream Palette in "SCP 106" - $4.49 retail
- Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Crayon - $18 retail
- Starlooks Lip Pencil in "Bare" - $12 retail

Total value: $62.49


I found the packaging on the eyeliner a little odd, so I took a picture of it apart. The brush itself is a bit too thick for my liking, but I like the idea that it came with one. 


And here's the swatches!
On the left is the cream palette - overall, I'm not that impressed with it. It would need one heck of a base in order to stay in place. It reminds me of those cheap sparkly palettes they sell at Claire's for kids.
Next is the blush, the highlighter, the eyeliner, and the lip pencil.

I'm extremely pleased with this month's bag. Sure the shades clearly aren't the most well suited to my skin tone, but hey, that's okay! It was still well worth the $15. I also love that there's some different brands for me to try that I'd previously never heard of.

If you'd like to sign up to receive awesome bags like this in the mail every month, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment